Bremer Zine Festival 2022
Bremen Zine Festival 2022
23. – 25. 09. 2022 / 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Despite Corona into the fourth round.
The Bremen Zine Festival 2022
After the successful zine festivals of the past years, Kulturnetz e.V. is organising the fourth edition of the Bremen Zine Festival 2022 in cooperation with the Bremen University of the Arts. For the first time, the festival will be held at the Städtische Galerie Bremen. As in previous years, Bremen zine makers will have the opportunity to present their work at the zine fair. In addition to local exhibitors, regional, national and international zine makers will offer their work for sale.
The festival will present zine culture in its various facets. The spectrum ranges from football fanzines to political zines to music fanzines. As before, the focus will be on graphic, art and comic zines.
In addition to the zine fair with over 40 exhibitors, there will be a supporting programme aimed at both a professional audience and a broader public. There will be readings, lectures and a musical evening programme. These events will take place on site in the premises of the Bremen Musicians' Initiative, located in the basement of the Städtische Galerie.
The musical evening programme on Saturday will be arranged by VB Schulzes Bernsteinzimmer and Ankk L. The concerts will each be introduced by a reading.
The daytime programme on Saturday will spotlight the young Bremen literary zine Koller and other actors from Bremen's young literary scene. The event is presented by Kollit (Junges Kollektiv für Literatur) together with Literaturkontor Bremen e.V..
For the talks on Sunday, the Bremen Zine Festival 2022 can once again boast exciting guests who will shed light on zine culture from different perspectives: Andrew Hales, director of the Fanzinothèque de Poitiers, will provide insights into the work of Europe's largest zine library. Zine researcher Miloš Hroch from the Charles University in Prague looks at the materiality of zines in the digital age. The artist marialuisa, in turn, is co-founder of the renowned comic zine "Spring" from Hamburg.
The festival party on Friday evening at the Papp Cafe in Bremen's Neustadt is a great place to celebrate and join in the fun. Before the dance floor opens, various artists will face off in a fast-paced and entertaining comic battle. The audience will decide who has solved the tasks best.
The complete supporting programme (free admission) and a list of all exhibitors here.
- 11.00 to 19:00 Municipal Gallery
- Papp: 21:00 Comic Battle and Festival Party
- MIB: Kollit presents:
- 11:00 Claudia Grabowski and Monica Zobel, "Remembering - Faded Images." - Reading with photographs,
- 12:00 - 14:00 Vivien Catharina Altenau, poetry performance with audience participation.
- 14:00 Mari Püffel X CHINYERE, reading with sound
- MIB: 19:00 Lui Kohlmann (reading), VB Schulzes Bernsteinzimmer (concert), ANKK L (reading with concert)
- MIB: 11:00 The materiality of zines in the post-digital era, Miloš Hroch, Charles University, Prague,
- MIB: 12:30 50,000 ZINES : La Fanzinothèque de Poitiers, Andrew Hales, La Fanzinothèque Poitiers,
- MIB: 14:00 20 Jahre SPRINGmagazin - Vom Anlaufnehmen, mittelgroßen Hürden und große Luftsprüngen, marialuisa, Comic-Magazine "Spring", HH
The event will take place according to the given Corona guidelines. Any changes (such as a 2G rule, if applicable) will be announced on the website in advance of the events.
Sponsors and cooperation partners:
Senator für Kultur Bremen, Ortsamt Neustadt, Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen, Karin und Uwe Hollweg Stiftung, Waldemar Koch Stiftung, Städtische Galerie Bremen, Musikerinitiative Bremen e.V., Hochschule für Künste Bremen, Literaturkontor Bremen e.V.
Gregor Straube - 0152 24847575 - email@example.com
Access to the Bremen Zine Festival is barrier-free.